Sunday, November 20, 2011

My First Wedding

My sister got married today!  It was definitely a great experience.  I learned Muslim weddings are quite different than any other I've seen thus far.  The actual ceremony was very private (and simple as my mama called it) where we did not attend.  I did however go to the celebration last night, and it was wonderful!  It was so nice to be a part of a cultural tradition.  When I arrived, everyone in the family was sitting on mats, helping sort rice, to prepare for the food to follow.  After we finished helping, all my sisters lined up, and danced around my sister getting married.  Briefly I want to highlight the best part of the experience: the children who helped celebrate.  They marched through the village playing drums, and dancing.  They ended under a tent, and sat in rows, doing various dances, and singing several songs, paying tribute to my sister getting married.  It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!  (I wish I could've taken pictures, pole sana!!)  I have about 15 minutes left of internet, I just wanted to put up all these blogs and this quick paragraph.  On Saturday I find out my SITE! get excited, because I am.  Happy Birthday to ME!!! (and HAPPY THANKSGIVING, I love you all!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment