Friday, December 24, 2010

December 24. 2010

Before Departure:  I leave for India in just a few days and I must say, I'm quite excited.  It'll be my first trip out of the country (which I didn't think would happen before the Peace Corps in July) so it's quite a treat =)  It all came together quickly, getting a passport and visa and funds (along with everything else) within less than a month...the hard work has paid off.  I am so happy this opportunity was passed along to the department!

I'm still quite nervous as I don't physically have my passport/visa in hand.  It has been ready since Tuesday and I pick it up in D.C. on Monday at 4:30...fingers crossed it's ready to go!  Other than that, I am nervous about nothing else.  I'm excited to fly with all the other wonderful people travelling such a distance....hopefully I have enough things to entertain myself during this flight! 

As far as participation, I cannot wait to complete this course!! I have strong interests in International Development in Developing Countries so learning about eco-sensitive low cost housing is going to be amazing.  I cannot wait to travel throughout India and work on the service learning projects.  We are to work on a project plan or grant for a local housing agency. 

I watched Ghandi and it was a great refresher as I read the book over 6 years ago, during my freshman year.  I did not have a chance to watch the Story of India but plan to do so as soon as we arrive....

I'll be sure to post daily so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment